The course launched on January 12th and it has been exciting and educational to watch people move through the Sleep from the Heart offering, and see it create huge waves of change in their family!
But, it has given me some food for thought. Hopping on the phone with these families is starting to show me a bit more in terms of who this baby sleep course is for, and who would benefit from more 1:1 support.
I plan to create an assessment tool… that will help you if you are humming and hawing about investing in the course element, or one-on-one support with another consultant. But in the meantime, I thought I would offer you a few thoughts on this subject..
Benefits of the course OVER 1:1 support:
- You live with the material. You can access the modules when you want in your own time, and have access to them for 3 months.
- Both you and your partner can watch those modules at a time that works for you.
- You can re-watch things to digest info that was really important to you.
- You can move at a pace that feels right. Most one-on-one consultants are trying to move you through their program in a span of 2 – 4 weeks. This pace can feel too fast for many families who are wanting gentle changes.
- You have access to 1:1 support if you need it. You can schedule phone calls, ask questions, and email me all from inside the course.
- You will gain information that might be helpful in use with future babies.
- Because the course is a solution for many different types of babies, and many different types of families, you are likely to learn new skills to handle developmental leaps, or help your friends whose kiddos are different from yours.
- When you set goals – you achieve
- You have support, and are good at holding yourself accountable once you’ve made up your mind about something.
- Content is created by a HIGH quality individual with YEARS of experience. With a one-on-one consultant, you may be getting someone who is brand new, and actually has only practiced on a small number of clients. Ask them!
People I think should purchase at least the CLASSIC package (3 calls):
- Everyone. I’m joking, but I am also not joking! Have you ever wished you had less support through a life transition? I am guessing the answer is no.
- You feel your baby is unique, spirited, or appears to have more energy than other babies you have observed at play groups
- You like to check in with someone and make sure you are on the right track. It makes you feel at ease to have someone else’s feedback.
- You like having lots of different options available to you, but when it comes to narrowing the course you find an expert’s advice helpful.
People who should consider ONE-ON-ONE support with ANOTHER consultant instead:
- You are experiencing mental health challenges at this time including (but not limited to); postpartum depression, and/or generalized anxiety.
- Perhaps your anxiety is not diagnosed, but you feel like it is getting the best of you at sleep times.
- You want an exact step-by-step plan for your baby, at this very moment in time.
- Financially, this is possible for you to invest in (services ranging from $450 – $1150 CAD).
- You have trouble holding yourself accountable. You know your baby should nap at noon, but you end up putting them to sleep at 2:30 pm instead. A course will be very hard for you.
- You have little outside support from friends, and/or family.
With all that said; I have seen this course help many people. I wish I had a magic wand I could wave and your baby would be sleeping through the night. I really do! But I don’t. I really don’t. You are going to have to put the pieces together, put in the work, and hold out hope that this CAN help you if you follow through.
While I hope the course will have lots of brand new information for you. Honestly, most of the tweaks in the video library I have totally made up myself and have never found on google! Ha. But, if it is all information you have heard before, that is okay too. It is the way I suggest you put all of the pieces together, and how you can mark your success and ride the waves of change, that really make this a worthwhile offering.
This baby sleep course is new, and I am sure I will probably add to this list over time! Ha. If you have taken the course and have insight to share with me.. I would be all ears. Send me an email at email@example.com and I will check out your feedback!
In the meantime, if the course IS for you I hope you will support the venture, and love it.